Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Baby Bump: 18 Weeks

Dress: Express (non-Maternity); Shoes: Tory Burch

It's hard to believe I'm almost half way through this pregnancy.  It's the first week that this bump is making a real appearance, but I think it's deceptively smaller in person. 

Dressing in the morning has become extremely challenging.  I've gone from quite an expansive closet to only a small selection of comfortable pieces to choose from.  Only a few items that actually fit properly {sigh!}. 

I love this summer dress from Express.  It's non-maternity so I figure this will be the last time I will get to wear it this year.   And the shoes - I currently live in wedges...especially cute Tory Burch wedges.  The snake skin detail on the platform makes this pair dressy yet versatile. 


{scroll down for my week 18 Update}






How far along? 18 Weeks

Baby Size: A Sweet Potato!  He's about 5.6 inches long and weighs about 6.7 ounces.  He's yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing. He's big enough now that I can feel him twisting, rolling, punching and kicking too!

Total weight gain/loss: 5 pounds

Maternity clothes? Not yet.  Although I did buy a couple pairs of maternity jeans this week...let's hope that fit well.

Stretch marks? Nope

Symptoms:  Not much

Sleep: Still OK. Trying to sleep on my side more which is proving to be more uncomfortable than I anticipated.

Best moment this week: Started feeling flutters and little kicks/jabs

Worst moment of the week: Every morning...when I spend a good 20 mins staring into my closet, finding absolutely nothing to wear!!!

Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Going on a good long run.

Movement: YES. See best Moment of the Week

Food cravings: Kettle Brand potato chips.  Honey Dijon is my fave but Thai Spice is good too.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, thankfully!

Have you started to show yet:  Yes, officially popped this week.

Labor Signs: Nope

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy...it was a 3 day weekend!

Looking forward to: Starting to plan the nursery and building a baby registry.





Bye for now!

XOXO,
Lydia

2 comments:

  1. You look great!
    I'm 18 weeks along, too and just finally starting to get a little bump.
    (So relieved) to have found you, and see that you are small too, because people often laugh at my lame excuse for a pregnant belly. Glad that I'm not the only one still hiding a baby in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! YES, the bump has come and gone the last couple weeks, but I think its officially here to stay. :) Congrats to you!

      Delete