Thursday, May 29, 2014

Burlap pots (DIY)

You wouldn't know by reading our blog at this time, but we have done quite of few DIY projects.  I feel like we (lydia and I) mainly do them during the summer or when one of us is planning a party and need some fun decor.
Summer is officially here so I wanted to kick it off with a simple DIY project.  I will be hosting a few baby showers this summer and clearly need some fun and cute decor.  This project literally took me about 30 min and I was able to make 5 pots.  Great idea for a potted gift of herbs or succulents, which is how I will be using them.  I have a quick break down of what you  need below:

Time: About 30 minutes
Materials: Terracotta pots, roll of burlap, ribbon and spray adhesive.
Quick tip *spray adhesive is key in many projects, all materials can be found at Michaels don't forget to get a coupon first here.

Gather your materials and head outside.


1. Cut burlap to fit width of pot (add a little length)


2. Spray adhesive all around pot

3. Wrap the burlap around the pot stretching it as you go, it may be a little uneven but that's OK.  Wrap on a slight angle to cover top to bottom. 


4. Cut ribbon to make a bow and tie around pot 

It was that fast! Pot them with flowers, herbs or easy the care for succulents.

Spread the love,
XoXo




No comments:

Post a Comment