Monday, February 24, 2014

Cutting it off

I want to write this post to help all the ladies out there with their HAIR.
I know we have all experienced the big decision making stage or have had the urge cut our hair off. We spent a year or so growing it out, living through three phases: I like, I love it, it's way to long.  As a hair stylist I know these phases all to well.  In the I love it phase, you really do love it and every day you walk out with your hair looking perfect, but here is where everything also goes wrong.  Take my advise ladies.  If you love your hair length and everything is looking perfect everyday, go get a trim every 6-8 weeks to keep it that way.  Honestly, I have heard it many times, "I loved my hair last month but I can't do anything with it now, lets cut it off."  Wait. Before you go chopping your hair into some crazy pixy you have never had before think... will that look good, do I have the hair type, how long will it take to style, whats my face shape?...... Your stylist can help you with these questions, they should be properly trained to help you determine all the answers. *TIP If they just agree with you without any input, get a second opinion.  I'm just saying, from my 10 years of working "behind the chair" If someone comes in wanting a major color or style change I go back to basics, doing a full consultation and asking lifestyle questions to help guide them.  9 times out of 10 we made a change, but not without tweaking something, considering face shape and hair texture can help make a decision, being that they are constant factors that do not change.  That being said, I made a change.  I was always afraid of having my hair shorter than my shoulders, why? because of that one horrible haircut when I was 17.  Sound like you? Even as a stylist I had kept my hair medium length adding extensions or cutting bangs for a slight change.  Two weeks ago I made the decision to cut my hair, and I love it.  It works with the crazy schedule I have been carrying for the last few weeks and I don't have to rock the pony.  Before making the change I considered my rounded heart shaped face and maintained extra length in the front.  We made it choppy so when straight it would be almost see threw ends and when curled it had the tussled look.  Below are some photos.  I encourage you to make a change, you will feel great.  Don't let hair control you, think of it as an accessory.  I challenge you to make a hair change the next time you go through a style change and it doesn't always mean cutting it off.

Feeling girly: Try clip in extensions or soft fringe
Channeling your inter hippie: Try long wavy extensions {part in middle}
Getting Creative: Add a pop of color blue, pink, purple
Going to Oxford: Try the lob {long bob} 
Glam: Mid length soft waves
Edgy: Short and textured.. maybe pixy 

Look for different extensions and styles HERE you can even find clip in fringe {bangs}. 

Before:

 After: 


Happy hair days
XoXo ML



No comments:

Post a Comment