Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mushroom Chicken {Gluten free, paleo friendly}


February has started and we are a month into the New Year!  How has everyone been doing with the New Years resolutions? I am not going to lie, I hate making "resolutions." I don't usually choose something I enjoy doing, but rather make myself suffer or have to give something up.  Come to think of it Lent is coming up soon, that is when I have to give something up.  Anyways, the good news is,  I have stuck to my resolutions {or what I like to call New years goals} and it is a wonderful feeling! I think I made some good solid goals this year.  

Below is a mushroom chicken recipe I made last week.  It is easy enough and fast enough to prepare during the busy work week and has amazing flavor.  
*Italian spice - recipe under FOOD&DRINKS 

Mushroom Chicken

2 Chicken breasts- pounded out to about ½ inch thick
4 Pinches of *Italian spice
1 Tbs EVOO
1 Tbs Coconut oil
10 Chopped crimson mushrooms
½ White onion- chopped
1 Cup Chicken broth

Heat 1 Tbs EVOO in stainless steel sauté pan on medium/high.  Once chicken has been pounded down blot with paper towel to remove excess water.  Sprinkle chicken breast with *Italian spice place both pieces of chicken in the hot EVOO and sear for 2-3 mins. flip and season the other side with Italian spice sear for another 2-3 mins.  Turn heat down to med/low, add 1 Cup chicken broth, cover and cook for 15 mins or until chicken in cooked through and broth has reduced to a medium thickness, not to runny but not as thick as gravy.

While the chicken is cooking heat 1 Tbs coconut oil in a separate fry pan, sauté ½ white onion for about 5-7 minutes until fragrant and browned add chopped mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.  The mushrooms will soften and brown faster then the onions so make sure you add the onions first.
Once chicken broth has reduced and mushrooms and onions are done sautéing remove chicken from pan and add the sautéed onion mushroom mix to broth, turn heat up and cook a few more minutes (3 min) to blend flavors, top chicken with the broth. 
Serve with whole wheat couscous or roasted butternut squash 

Sorry I do not have a better photos.
Enjoy 
ML xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment