Sunday, February 2, 2014

Especially Beautiful Girls - Photo shoot

Happy Sunday!!  I couldn't wait to share about my Saturday event.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was asked to volunteer my time to style hair for a special photo shoot.  This event is close to home and was put together by a good friend of mine.  The photo shoot this morning was to capture the beauty in special needs children.  On March 2nd 2014 these beautiful girls will be walking the runway to raise money for rare genetic diseases {global genes project} Read more about it HERE.

It was a very meaningful Saturday; probably one of the best mornings I have had in a while.  I wasn't drinking a mimosa or taking a Pilates class, I was making others feel beautiful.  These girls had never experienced the pure enjoyment of having 2 people pamper them at the same time {hair & make-up.} They were able to choose their outfit from a variety of Roves trendy clothing, which was followed up with a 30 minute one on one private photo shoot! I think I can speak for all of us when I say "I want to do that!" The models did wonderfully and were ecstatic to see and support one another.  I over heard one mother telling another how her daughter was so excited she could not sleep last night, now that is a wonderful feeling.

Saturday mornings are hard to give up, especially when you work full time during the week, but I encourage you to donate your time whenever an opportunity arises.  This day would not have come together if it wasn't for the team: Nick Paitt from Rove clothing, Bob Hodson photography and Erin Paitt for Make-up, and most importantly the Spooner family read about their story HERE.

View some of the captured moments below {special thanks to ML's Lydia}!



















No comments:

Post a Comment