Monday, August 25, 2014

A dogs life {Homeboy}

It has been 7 months since I had to put my beloved Mr. Vince down.  He suffered from 2 autoimmune diseases at the young age of 8.  He was my little man; I had rescued him on a whim back in 2006.  I was a single girl living in Hermosa Beach who needed a companion.  I soon realized it was the best thing I could have done (even through the barking and bills). He was a special dog who walked into my life at the perfect time and although he left to soon he lived a first class life. People would ask “are you going to get another dog?” my reply was always the same “one day”.  To be honest my greatest concern was that I couldn’t love another dog like I did Vince.  It took me time to understand I didn’t have to try and replace him, I wouldn’t be able to, and when the time is right I could love another dog.
My husband and I both agreed we were ready to open our home and hearts to the right dog again.  There was no question we were going to rescue another dog, the challenging part is finding the right fit.  We knew what we were looking for and were willing to wait until the right dog came along, even if it meant leaving adoptions empty handed.  A little guy named Sid popped up on Petfinder.com and grabbed our attention, so we set out to meet him this past weekend.  At first sight I loved his style (the scruffier the better).  He was chill, just hanging out in the crate while the others barked away for attention.  Shy at first, he just wanted to be pet, then allowed us to pick him up and cuddle him.  He didn’t know any commands we were trying to say but looked to his foster mom for assurance. In a short amount of time we knew he would make a great addition to our family and at the age of 2 could finally have a forever home.  That being said I was able to open my heart again to a little man we named Homeboy. 

Welcome home Homeboy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment