Monday, August 18, 2014

Friends for life {3 things I learned in Vegas}


3 Things I learned while in Vegas with a friend of 25 years. 

1. Kids run you ragged, but it may not be a bad thing:
            Gym time may be hard to get in but she stays fit by chasing the kids around and has never looked better.  It also preps you for the long days and Vegas nights running on only 6 hours of sleep.  I still require 8+ hours for normal functionality.

2.  I drink too much and she enjoys “grown up" dinners:
            A glass of champagne was pretty much glued to my hand 24/7.  While she was thinking about where and when the next meal was coming, I was more concerned where I was going to get my next glass of champagne.  We were able to get into Giada’s, a new Vegas restaurant and was able to indulge in wine, champs and great food with out her hearing “Mommy, mommy, mommy”.

3.  Britney Spears and French fries will always be part of our life:
            Although we stayed up late, we were not studding our stuff and twerking in the club, but giggling our way into any restaurant at 1am that was still serving up French fries (and champagne).  To my surprise we still know every word to Britney Spears circa 1998-2002 and still remember the dance moves we had made up to “hit me baby one more time” in 1998.

Friends grow up, move away, and move on to have husbands & kids
(Well hopefully) but friends of 20+ years never seem to change.  We can go a month or 2 without actually talking on the phone, but still know exactly what the other is doing on a daily basis. Time spent together is fun whether it’s riding a Ferris wheel or chatting over a good glass of wine, topped of with many belly laughs.  Oh and lastly, I learned we are still irresponsible enough to let our phones die on a daily basis with out any major concern.
great views from the High roller 

Thank you Vegas! until next time. 
-Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment